Call for Entry: Online Featured Photographer 2019
Open internationally to both amateurs and professionals, this call for entries is is Analog Forever Magazine’s attempt to find, feature, and interview the best talent in the analog photography world.
We are searching for the trail blazers who shoot decades old expired film through refurbished cameras, capture images with processes invented a century ago, and invent new and creative ways to process and manipulate our mainstream film stock staples. We want to see the work created by the individuals who share our love for the sound of shutters clapping open and close and the smell of darkroom chemicals in the morning.
Regardless of your format of choice, how expensive your lens set is, or the subject matter you shoot we want to see your work submitted! This is our only online call for entries for 2019 so make sure you jump on this opportunity!
There is no entry fee so there is no reason why you shouldn’t submit! The only thing we ask if that you please follow the directions below!
The Deadline for Submissions is March 15th, 2019!
1) Only .jpg files will be accepted.
2) Images must be 1500px on the shortest side at 72dpi.
3) No photo-shopped borders or watermarks.
1) Submit a detailed artist biography (300 word minimum). Please include where you are from, how you started with analog photography, your influences, where you studied, what you career is, etc.
2) Submit a detailed artist statement (300 word minimum). Please include what you are attempting to achieve with your analog work, what drives you to do analog photography, and a detailed technical explanation of your process.
3) Submit a detailed artist resume that includes all recent and notable exhibitions, features, and interviews - with links, locations, and specific dates.
1) The subject line of your email should state: "Submission: 2019 Online Featured Photographer”
2) Please ATTACH your images to the email. Do not embed them, don't attach a google drive or dropbox link. A single .zip file is acceptable. Please name your zip file: "Call for Entry - Your Name Here - Name of Series".
3) Please do not send PDF or Text Files. Please put all information into the body of the email.
Specific information needed for each Submission:
1) Your name as you would like it to appear.
2) Location - Be specific!
3) Titles for each of your photographs. Write out each title exactly as you would like it to appear.
4) Email address in the text of the email.
5) Website Address and Social Media Links.
Send your submission to email@example.com
Note: Do to the large amount of submissions we receive you may not receive a response. Though we try our best to respond to everyone, we do not guarantee a response. Thank you for understanding.
By submitting photos for publication in Analog Forever Magazine you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Analog Forever Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the Analog Forever Magazine website for as long as the website exists. You also grant Analog Forever Magazine permission to use these photographs on social media accounts connected to Analog Forever Magazine including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as educational institutions, search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. Analog Forever Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.