CLOSED | Call for Entry: Analog Forever Magazine Issue 1
Open internationally to both amateurs and professionals, this call for entries is Analog Forever Magazine’s attempt to find, feature, and interview the best talent in the analog photography world for our debut print publication, due out Winter 2019!
We are searching for the trailblazers who shoot decades old expired film through refurbished cameras, capture images with processes invented a century ago, and invent new and creative ways to process and manipulate our mainstream film stock staples. We want to see the work created by the individuals who share our love for the sound of shutters clapping open and close and the smell of darkroom chemicals in the morning.
Regardless of your format of choice, how expensive your lens set is, or the subject matter you shoot we want to see your work submitted! There is no entry fee so there is no reason why you shouldn’t submit! The only thing we ask if that you please follow the directions below!
Deadline for Submissions is May 31st, 2019!
Issue 1 Details
Analog Forever Magazine Issue 1 is being launched on the belief that photographs, especially yours, should be seen in print as well as on screen. We are proud to say that our first print edition will be a creative mix between a journal, magazine, and coffee-table book and will contain a wide variety of photographers and styles from around the world. The publication will be printed by Edition One Books in Berkeley, California and will be 8x10 in size, about 130 pages, and will be printed on 176gsm paper which will be perfect bound with a laminate glossy cover to protect its beautiful pages. This publication will embark readers on a photographic journey around the world and show them vast landscapes of mountains and oceans across multiple countries, the desolation of abandoned cities and towns, the intimate spaces of private photographic studios, and the lives and stories of the individuals and people in our cities and foreign lands. The below timeline describes our process of putting an analog photography focused print publication into your hands!
Issue 1 Timeline
Analog Forever Magazine Issue 1 will officially be published in the Winter of 2019 and will feature analog photographers from around the world. Our Winter 2019 publication will not have a dedicated theme and will feature a wide variety of content including but not limited to photojournalism, landscapes, street photography, double exposure and film soup experiments, toy camera photography, and everything else in-between. The below timeline describes our process of putting an analog photography focused print publication into your hands!
March 1st, 2019
Our call for entries for Issue 1 will go live!
May 31st, 2019
Our call for entries for Issue 1 will close.
June 21st, 2019
Selections for Issue 1 will be made
September 2nd, 2019
Pre-Sales will go live on our website!
October 11th, 2019
Issue 1 will be prepared to be shipped to those who pre-ordered!
October 31st, 2019
Issue 1 will begin arriving at retail stores around the world.
November 1st, 2019
Issue 1 sales will go live on our website!
December 31st, 2019
We plan on Issue 1 being sold out!
We are pleased to share with you that our publication has already been picked up by retailers from around the world! You will be able to purchase it from the following locations in addition to our online store. If you don’t see your store listed contact us at email@example.com!
1) Submit between 10 and 20 images.
2) Only .jpg files will be accepted.
3) Images must be 1500px on the shortest side at 72dpi.
4) No photo-shopped borders or watermarks.
1) Submit a detailed artist biography (100 word minimum). Please include where you are from, how you started with analog photography, your influences, where you studied, what you career is, etc.
2) Submit a detailed artist statement (100 word minimum). Please include what you are attempting to achieve with your analog work, what drives you to shoot analog photography, and a detailed technical explanation of your process.
3) Submit a detailed artist resume that includes all recent and notable exhibitions, features, and interviews - with links, locations, and specific dates.
1) The subject line of your email should state: "Submission: Analog Forever Magazine - Issue 1”
2) Please ATTACH your images to the email. Do not embed them, don't attach a google drive or dropbox link. A single .zip file is acceptable. Please name your zip file: "Call for Entry Issue 1- Your Name Here - Name of Series".
3) Please do not send PDF or Text Files. Please put all information into the body of the email.
Specific information needed for each Submission:
1) Your name as you would like it to appear.
2) Location - Be specific!
3) Titles for each of your photographs. Write out each title exactly as you would like it to appear.
4) Email address in the text of the email.
5) Website Address and Social Media Links.
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Do to the large amount of submissions we receive you may not receive a response. Though we try our best to respond to everyone, we do not guarantee a response. Thank you for understanding.
*If your images are selected for publication you will be required to submit high-resolution scans of your work. This is not optional.
By submitting photos for publication in Analog Forever Magazine you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Analog Forever Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the Analog Forever Magazine website for as long as the website exists. You also grant Analog Forever Magazine permission to use these photographs on social media accounts connected to Analog Forever Magazine including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as educational institutions, search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. Analog Forever Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.