CLOSED | Call for Entry: Photobook and Zine Reviews
Open internationally to both amateurs and professionals who have designed, produced, and published a photo book or zine, this call for entries is Analog Forever Magazine’s attempt to find, feature, and review the best analog photography photo books and zines produced, regardless of publication date.
We are searching for publications produced by both book making gurus with several titles under their belt, and the photographers who have just published their first artist monograph or zine. The work contained in each publication can range from traditional landscapes and photo essays to cultural pieces of your local city or punk rock music scene. With this in mind, we encourage you to submit your project or publication for review and be featured on Analog Forever Magazine’s website.
There is no restriction on page count, paper type, or binding choices. We believe that although the techniques and materials used to produce each book are critical, it is the work presented in each publication that is most important. There is no entry fee, so there is no reason why you shouldn’t submit! The only thing we ask is that you please follow the directions below!
Deadline for Submissions is June 30th, 2019!
Photobook and Zine Specifications*:
1) Submit a PDF of your photobook or zine in web format.
2) Only .pdf files will be accepted.
1) Submit a detailed artist biography (100 word minimum). Please include where you are from, how you started with analog photography, your influences, where you studied, what you career is, etc.
2) Submit a detailed artist statement (100 word minimum). Please include what you are attempting to achieve with your publication and work contained within it.Please include a detailed technical explanation of your process.
3) Submit a detailed artist resume that includes all recent and notable exhibitions, features, and interviews - with links, locations, and specific dates.
1) The subject line of your email should state: "Submission: Photobook Review - Your Title Here”
2) Please ATTACH your PDF to the email. Do not embed it, don't attach it via a google drive or dropbox link.
3) Please do not send your information in a text file or PDF. Please put all information into the body of the email.
Specific information needed for each Submission:
1) Your name as you would like it to appear.
2) Location - Be specific!
3) Name of Publication
4) Number of Pages
5) Size of Publication (inches preferred)
6) Type of Binding
7) Email address in the text of the email
8) Website Address and Social Media Links
9) Link to purchase your boor or zine
Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Do to the large amount of submissions we receive you may not receive a response. Though we try our best to respond to everyone, we do not guarantee a response. Thank you for understanding.
*If your publication is selected for reviewing and featuring you will be required to send us a physical copy. This is not optional.
By submitting photos for publication in Analog Forever Magazine you are stipulating to us that you own copyright to these photographs or have permission from the copyright holder to submit these photographs. You are granting Analog Forever Magazine a non-exclusive license to use the photograph in its submitted form, subject to re-sizing to fit the magazine format, for publication on the Analog Forever Magazine website for as long as the website exists. You also grant Analog Forever Magazine permission to use these photographs on social media accounts connected to Analog Forever Magazine including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Should you, for any reason, wish your photographs to be removed from the website, we will make every effort to do so. However, please note also that third parties such as educational institutions, search engines or individuals may download, save, store or archive this (or any other) website with or without our knowledge. Analog Forever Magazine will have no control over such downloading and subsequent use and therefore cannot accept responsibility for any such use.