This week long event starting on Monday February 4th and ending on Sunday February 10th will include events, exhibitions, opportunities, workshops, and lectures centered around the art of street photography. Please note that some or all of the event s listed below may require a ticket or membership purchase via LACP. You can find these details HERE.
STREET WEEK Includes:
* A “Call for Entries” to get your work in LACP’s Fifth Annual “Street Shooting Around the World” exhibition at LACP ($1,000 cash prize)
* Opening reception for “Street Shooting Around the World” exhibition – Friday, February 8, 7-10 pm
* Four evenings of presentations by inspiring street photographers
* A panel discussion on the laws and ethics of street photography
* Five half-day workshops with street photographers/educators Julia Dean, Estevan Oriol, Kevin Weinstein, Ibarionex Perello and Thomas Alleman
* Guest presentation with Nick Turpin – Saturday, February 9, 7-9 pm
* A two-day workshop with Nick Turpin, “Finding Your Voice on the Street” Sunday and Sunday, February 9-10, 10 am – 6 pm.
Feb 4, 12-4 pm: Street Photography with Julia Dean – Location: Downtown Los Angeles, Toy District, Fashion District
Feb 5, 12-4 pm: Street Photography with Estevan Oriol – Location: Venice Beach
Feb 6, 12-4 pm: Street Photography with Kevin Weinstein – Location: Boyle Heights
Feb 7, 12-4 pm: Street Photography with Ibarionex Perello – Location: Downtown Los Angeles, Broadway, 7th Street
Feb 8, 12-4 pm: Street Photography with Thomas Alleman – Location: Downtown Los Angeles, Union Station, Olvera St., Chinatown
Feb 9-10; 10 am – 6 pm: Finding Your Voice on the Street with Nick Turpin
After 14 years of business, The Julia Dean Photo Workshops (JDPW) is transforming into a nonprofit with a new name, the Los Angeles Center of Photography (LACP). This marks a great moment in the history of the organization. Transforming into a nonprofit will allow us to fully realize our vision ? a true center of photography ? and will enable us to create more opportunities that will benefit aspiring, emerging and professional photographers in Los Angeles and beyond. The goal of the Los Angeles Center of Photography is to build on what JDPW has started, offering a center of photography unlike anything offered in Los Angeles before ? a home for photographers to show work and further their careers, a place where new photographers can be discovered, a community in which to gather for discussion, education, artistic growth, inspiration, and the exchange of ideas.